Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Borough Council are looking for Senior Planning Officers to join their Development Management team.
The role provides the opportunity to work across all aspects of development management and lead on applications within an urban and rural location and also work in partnership with the South Downs National Park Planning Authority.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in a similar Development Management role within a local authority
- Have experience of dealing with a wide range of major applications
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be qualified with a town planning or relevant qualification with 5+ years post qualification experience and eligible for and or member of the RTPI
- Experience of the appeal process including giving evidence at inquiry,
- Experience of mentoring junior members of the team
- Have in depth knowledge of legislation and an ability to explain it to a variety of stakeholders
Interview date to be confirmed.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.